by Chef Fatmata Binta
- 500g fonio
- 2–3 mangos, peeled and cut into small cubes
- spinach, dandelion, or other greens
- cashew or other nuts, chopped
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 peppers, cut into thin slices
- fresh herbs, like basil, coriander or mint
- olive oil
- lime juice
- Aleppo pepper
- salt and pepper
Roast the fonio in a saucepan and add 120ml of warm water. Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook the fonio over low heat for 20 minutes. Then leave to cool in the refrigerator.
Mix the fonio with the mango, spinach, nuts, tomatoes, peppers, and fresh herbs.
Mix olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, honey, and Aleppo pepper to make a dressing and pour it over the salad.
Tip: If the salad is not to be eaten immediately, keep the dressing separately and add just before serving.
Season the salad to taste and add salt, lime juice or Aleppo pepper as needed. The salad can be modified as desired.